Hit the trails around Durango
From high-elevation trails to lunch-time cruises, you can ride your way though southwest colorado.
With hundreds of miles of single-track trails, rugged downhill rides, and even multiple flow trails, the trails surrounding Durango, Colorado provide some of the best mountain biking in the state.
Perfect for all abilities and skill levels, you can hit the high country and cruise through alpine meadows, head toward the desert for slickrock rides, or hop on a local’s favorite quick ride, with trailheads mere minutes from downtown Durango.
For information on e-biking in and around Durango, click here.
View all mountain biking trail systems below, search for a specific trail segment or browse our recommended rides to find something new.
- Check all trail information ahead of time, including distance, difficulty, elevation change, and time needed to make sure it matches your goals and skill level.
- Check current trail conditions before heading out.
- Weather in SW Colorado can quickly change. Be sure to check the forecast before heading out, wear layers, and bring rain gear.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you plan on returning.
- Always follow proper Trail Etiquette and Safety & Trail Tips.
- Check out this article from bicycling.com and this video from Outside Online for more need-to-know biking info!