Are you interested in a unique opportunity to join a leading nonprofit organization in the outdoor industry? Do you want to live in a mountain town community, while making a significant positive impact on the lives of residents and visitors? Are you passionate about the outdoors and wish to combine your passion for trails and recreation with a career in the outdoor industry?
Durango Trails 2000 — local nonprofit trail organization in Durango, Colorado — is hiring for a full-time Trail Crew Lead. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with expertise in the design, maintenance and development of system trails, including a knowledge of sustainable trail construction, group facilitation expertise, and strong project management skills. Working with and reporting to the Executive Director, the right person will also have a keen understanding of the importance of interacting with volunteers, the public and land managers and their role as an ambassador on and off the trail. Opportunities for professional development related to the job are available.
- Oversees scheduling, planning and facilitation of construction and maintenance on trails
- Supervises crews of students, volunteers and work groups in a safe working environment
- Manages team of crew leaders, including training, scheduling and support
- Develops relationships and collaborates with land managers
- Tracks upcoming trail projects and schedules trailwork activities
- Lays out and flags trails for re-routes and maintenance
- Creates maps for future trail alignment proposals and trail maintenance areas
- Assigns tasks and provides safety and training for crews
- Oversees trail tools and truck maintenance
For full job description, click here.
If interested, please complete the online application below. A PDF resume is required when applying. Resumes must be submitted by Monday, February 26, with availability to work in Durango starting March 15. No phone calls, visits or mail please.
The application process is closed. Thank you.