Your Trails | Our Community | Give to Our Year End Campaign
2018 memories will be centered around the 416 fire, greatly impacting our residents, area businesses, and beloved Hermosa area trails. Yet, now more than ever, Durango is known for its resilience and our shared trail experiences. From building the Spur Line Trails at Three Springs and NICA Colorado High School league state championship course to clearing trees on the Colorado Trail, Trails 2000 is your trail partner. This season alone our volunteers – led by trained crew leaders – provided over 4,500 volunteer hours on Durango’s area trails.
- Planning and building the NICA (high school league) State Championship race course
- Partnering with the San Juan Forest to help sign area trails closed by the 416 fire
- Planning and building the Spur Line trails at Three Springs, including five plus miles of introductory singletrack
- Cleared trees on the Colorado Trail, Dry Fork, Pass Trail, Engineer Mountain Trail, and Missionary Ridge
- Partnering with the FS to improve the West Cross Creek alignment
- Partnering with the BLM on the Sale Barn re-route
- Maintaining over 25 trails from Stacy’s, Carbon Junction, Overend to Telegraph
- Worked with students of all ages on the Trail Kids Program
- Updated Trails2000.org with new blogs, maps, trail conditions and other user-friendly information
- Facilitated our annual Trails & Ales Party at Carver Brewing
- Organized our largest fundraiser, the annual live auction at El Moro
Over 300 miles of trail are accessible within 30 minutes of downtown Durango. Trails 2000 plans, builds and maintains our local trail network; educates trail users; and encourages connectivity on road, path and trail. Partnering with the City, County, BLM, Forest Service and private landowners to create trail connectivity, Trails 2000 relies on your support to make our work possible.
Trails 2000 would like to thank you, your family and everyone who supported us this year. Trailwork and membership are important tools for our success, and we couldn’t do what we do without you. Your financial support is essential to our continued success, and we rely on your help.
Please contribute to our year-end campaign. To volunteer, or to become a member, please sign up for our email list in the upper right hand corner of this page. Purchase your holiday cards and a commemorative, artistic Colorado Trail poster today.