Happy New Year!
2023 snow conditions provide various winter trail recreation options. Check out our updated Winter Trail Conditions Page and learn about the winter trail adventures.
Remember to learn about avalanche safety, and visit the CAIC (Colorado Avalanche Information Center) website which provides avalanche safety information, education and promotes research to help people reduce their risk from avalanches.
More Snow = Good News
- Chicken Creek and Bauer Loops are groomed and open. Only XC or snowshoes allowed: they state walking on groomed trails not allowed.
- Hillcrest opens Tuesday, Jan 3 for skate and classic. Please stay on groomed trails.
- Vallecito groomed for skate and classic.
- Boggy Draw groomed for fat biking.
- Durango Nordic finally able to get the groomer out but they have a lot of snow so still a bit soft but looking great.
- LaPlata Canyon and Junction Creek (FS 171) great for touring skis.
- Red Mountain Pass remains closed.